The Joint World Conference on Social Work, Education and Social Development (SWSD) 2018 will explore the theme ‘Environmental and Community Sustainability: Human Solutions in Evolving Societies’.
The conference will cover the following themes:
- Linking Environmental and Sustainable Development
- Role of Social Workers in fulfilling the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals
- Income, wellbeing, employment and poverty
- Relationship-based practice: Promoting the Importance of Human Relationships
- Evidence informed interventions
- Strengthening education to meet the needs of communities
- Identity, discrimination and social exclusion
- Community development and social enterprise
- Health, mental health and disability
- Conflict, violence, migration and human trafficking
- Engagement with people who use services
- Rights of Families and Children
- Life Span Perspectives and Issues
- Ensuring the sustainable and ethical use of technology in human services*
- Women’s Issues Focused Stream **
* The technology-related theme will be organized by husITa and form part of the #husITa18 stream of human service technology presentations within the conference. If you wish your presentation to be made as part of #husITa18 please select theme No.14 when submitting your abstract.
To find out more about #husITa18 and other human service technology related activities – please click here.
** The Women’s Issues Focused Stream will be organized by the Women’s Committee of the International Association of Schools of Social Work. If you wish your presentation to be made as part of this Stream select theme No.15 when submitting your abstract. Papers relating to gender, feminism and women’s issues are not restricted to this stream and can be submitted under any of the other themes as appropriate also.
To find out more about the Women’s Issues Focused Stream please click here.