The Scholarship Application is now closed!
2018 Joint World Conference on Social Work, Education and Social Development Solidarity Scholarship Guidelines
The International Organising Committee of members of the International Federation of Social Workers (IFSW), International Council on Social Welfare (ICSW) and International Association of Schools of Social Work (IAASW) recognises the invaluable and unique opportunity the conference affords academic educators, researchers and practitioners in service provision, policy and representation as well as service users to meet in person and share experience and knowledge.
Funds have been allocated to award Solidarity Scholarships at each of three levels of financial assistance.
• FULL – registration, accommodation, travel fares and daily allowance (toward meals and incidental costs at local rates)
• PARTIAL – registration, accommodation and daily allowance (toward meals and incidental costs at local rates)
• REGISTRATION – registration only
Funds will be provided in the forms of: travel booked through the conference organisers’ nominated corporate travel agent; accommodation booked through the conference organiser; payment of daily allowance at the time of conference registration; and for registration a waiver of payment for registration only that will not include optional conference events.
Who can apply?
The selection process will aim to redress the financial barriers confronted by delegates from countries:
2. Experiencing social upheaval due to political or military conflict or failed economic policy that has resulted in external military or monetary aid.
How will applicants be selected?
Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis to applicants who most strongly demonstrate their contribution to conference proceedings through their participation/attendance and the learning that they can bring back to their service/user organisation/country of residence
All applicants must complete the online survey. Please note that in addition to some general questions you will be asked to answer the questions below. NB! You must have this information before starting the application as applications need to be completed in a single visit as the form cannot be saved.
- What type of Scholarship are you applying for? Full / Partial / Registration
- To be able to understand your VISA requirements, could you please explain the VISA process you have to go through, what documents you require to support your application and what transit visas you may need?
- Are you connected to any of the listed bodies? IASSW / ICSW / IFSW/ Other
- What type of institution do you work for? Government / Educational Institution / User Organisation / NGO
- Are you applying as: Social Work Practitioner / Policy Maker / Service User / Social Work Educator / Other
- Are you a member of your national organisation on social work and if so please tell us the name of the organisation.
- Please explain how you contribute to social work & social development education, practice, research and/or research policy in your country of residence
- Please confirm the name of your membership organisation/union.
All of the scholarships will be awarded to delegates whose application is supported by one of the international conference sponsor organisations namely the IFSW, ICSW or IASSW in equal numbers.
Applicants who have previously received scholarship support for international conferences of the sponsoring organisations IFSW, ICSW or IASSW may be considered. To be awarded a scholarship, previously supported applicants will be those assessed as outstanding in relation to the above criteria.
An invitation to apply for a Scholarship will be posted on the conference website in December 2017 and will include a link to the online application form, decision making process, and timeline.
Please see a timeline with the most important dates concerning the scholarships below:
8 January 2017 Applications open
2 February 2018 Applications close
23 March 2018 Applicants notified of decision
6 April 2018 Final date for registration for Solidarity Scholars
11 May 2018 Final date for travel bookings for Solidarity Scholars
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].